Sunday, January 5, 2014

What do you do when your MOJO-JO-JO has deserted you? Part 1...

What do you do when you aren't feeling creative?  When your MOJO-JO-JO just doesn't seem to be THERE????  When your internal voice is telling you that you CAN'T...

After the rush of the holidays, I took a few days off from crafting and it took me a while to get back into the swing of things.... I felt like my MOJO-JO-JO was gone.... Would I EVER be able to make a GOOD card again?????  YOU KNOW how those internal conversations can go!!!!

So I gave myself a design challenge.....

1.  Just make SOMETHING, ANYTHING.  Yes, I put it on my electronic TO DO list just that way.
2.  Use only ONE stamp set!  (gasp - why not tie BOTH hands behind my back!)
3.  Use three colors.

I chose the Petite Petals Stamp Set which of, course meant I needed to use the matching punch.

I thought the colors in the adorable Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack were SO pretty so I chose them - Real Red, Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake.  Stampin' Up! puts the colors in their Designer Series Paper in the catalog, so when I'm stuck, I borrow from their color choices!


Since I was keeping this SIMPLE, I decided to use our Whisper White Notecards & Envelopes.  (With 12 note cards and matching envelopes for only $5.95, you can never go wrong.)

Here's my first card...
- a rectangle of Designer Series Paper
- a 1" strip of another pattern from the same paper paack
- a cute, little flower stamped in Real Red
- raised up with a Dimensional
- with a Candy Dot in the center.... (okay, I cheated here... the Candy Dot is Pool Party)




Supplies:
Cute, eh?

It's pretty simple, but I have to admit that I love, love, love it!  And even better it got my creative juices moving and my MOJO-JO-JO revved up!  Once I got started, I ended up creating 8 different designs and a gift box to hold the cards!  I will share the other cards over the next few days!  Stay tuned!

What can YOU make with one stamp set, a punch, a piece of Designer Paper and 3 colors?  Send me your pictures (of projects ONLY using SU products) and I may post your designs here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment