Friday, July 26, 2013

Super Simple Ribbon and Washi Tape Storage!

I'm an organization geek.  I am always looking for a better way to organize EVERYTHING, especially my craft room.  :)  Here's my latest idea for storing Ribbon and Washi tape... using Washi tape!

I've always been bugged by ribbon storage.  As you can see, I like to store my ribbon and washi tape on its side so I can easily see it and access it, but they would always roll off my shelf.  Bummer.  I dislike the ribbon holders that hold the ribbon on a pole, because it is too hard to take off empty ribbon containers from the middle!

So, I strung some Washi tape across the shelves as a little "wall" to keep it from rolling.  Since the Washi tape is a lightly tacky and respositionable, the containers stick to it lightly and stay towards the front off the shelf.  My buttons and brads containers were a bit heavy and the tape sagged a bit in the middle, so I put a strip top-to-bottom to give it a little extra strength.

For my Washi tape, I chose to use the crumb cake tape from the Epic Day This and That Designer Washi tape selection.  I wanted a color that was subtle.  I think the Dafffodil Delight Gingham Washi tape would have pretty too.  What do you think - should I go bright and pretty or stay with subtle?



Washi tape is a fun, new crafting craze.  Here's a quick-and-easy card I created using the Gingham Garden Washi tape collection.  I used the colors in the tape in my card - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo and Island Indigo.  Since the tape is repositionable, you can pick it up and move it until you get it straight without worrying about ripping the card stock.  :)


Check it out in my online store and ship it directly to your door!
Item # Description Page Price
130390 Birthday Cake - Wood Only 16 $8.95
115320 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Melon Mambo (24 sheets) 143 $6.95
119683 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - BC Daffodil Delight (24 sheets) 143 $6.95
131259 Stampin' Write Markers Set - Brights Collection (10 sheets) 143 $28.95
100730 Card Stock - 8.5x11 - Whisper White (40 sheets) 145 $8.50
129314 Washi Tape, Gingham Garden (15 yds) 171 $4.95
131269 Washi Tape, Epic Day This and That (15 ft) 171 $4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment