Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dawn's workshop on Friday night




Here's what we made at my house Friday night! I had a new group of women over. It's amazing, 20 minutes into the workshop, I felt like I knew them forever! Stamping ladies are the best!

The first card we made was an Easel card using the Happy Moments Stamp set (FREE with a $50 order this month). I love the gasp when someone opens an Easel card for the first time. I learned the Easel technique from a Leadership swap from my good friend Sharon Cline.

The second card used the Stampin' Pastels (chalk) on Versamark ink. I LOVE the Medallion stamp set! It's really versatile -- perfect for cards, scrap booking or large tags!

Tip -- To set the chalk, you need to spray with a) an acrylic spray or b) hairspray. Unless you want to intoxicate your guests, use hairspray. Ummm, my guests got to "experience" both. Let's just say they liked the smell of the hairspray better. :)

And what's a workshop without free stamps, free hostess merchandise and a hostess gift? Here's the little thank you that I made for Dawn -- a chocolate bar that slips right out so you can re-gift, I mean, re-use the wrapping. Isn't the corduroy button yummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment